Supply Chain Manager
Tradin Organic USA
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing commodity positions, new projects, and colleagues within a specific commodity group. Main responsibilities are to ensure sufficient inventory levels for contracted commodities and new opportunities, while meeting inventory turn metrics. The Supply Chain Manager works with the Director of Trade Operations to determine overall strategies for each commodity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall management and responsibility of positions for designated commodity categories
• Analyze market conditions to determine appropriate actions for commodity categories in conjunction with the VP of Sales
• Monthly and quarterly sales data analysis and reports generation
• Customer key account management
• New and existing project commercialization, startup and management
• Developing and managing Supplier/Vendor relationships
• Management of commodities specialists and customer service representatives associated with commodity categories
• Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented and communicated to all employees.
• Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
• All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• Able to work on multiple projects concurrently with both firm and floating deadlines
• Experience in purchasing, planning, forecasting, inventory management
• Analytical problem solving skills
• Advanced proficiency level in MS Office suite of programs and extensive experience with ERP systems
Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Economics, Marketing, International Trade, or Agriculture.
Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a working knowledge of imports/exports and the documentation involved. Experience in an import/export environment and successful customer service experience. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to solve challenging problems and prioritize and meet deadlines. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with Axapta preferred.
Travel is required to various SunOpta locations and for meetings and/or other job related functions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 95% of work is performed in an office environment. 5% of work may involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration
for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.