Supervisor Accounts Payable (AP)
The Supervisor Accounts Payable (AP) is responsible for supervision of the Accounts Payable team, actively involved in and overseeing the purchase to pay process. He / she will support the accounting manager with monthly closing activities and sox compliance. Also, he / she supports the treasury controller with cash management. The Supervisor AP supervises a team of 4 AP employees.
Your job tasks, responsibilities and objectives:
• Oversee the processing of coding and posting of all invoices, and take all steps necessary to ensure completeness and accuracy, in accordance with SOX policies and procedures
• Ensure that the ERP system records for supplier accounts accurately reflect the business liabilities at all times by performing reconciliation to supplier statements and negotiating disputes with suppliers when necessary
• Control payments
• Ensure that all payments are made to suppliers, in accordance with payment terms, in order to maintain good vendor relations
• Responsible for keeping track on the A/P email boxes
• Reconcile A/P (sub)ledgers
• Register and process incoming invoices for A/P (including intercompany)
• Monitor and review procedural controls relating to AP, ensuring that all expenditure and payment authorizations are obtained in accordance with the SOX authorization matrix and that transaction documents are properly filed
• Assist with month end closing tasks and reconciliations
• Provide support and communicate with internal and external auditors
Requirements for this challenging role:
• A Bachelor’s degree related to the areas of accounting concepts and principles
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in a fast moving, international environment
• Fluency in the Dutch and English language (both verbal and written)
• Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and detail-orientation
• Able to proactively work in a fast paced rapidly growing environment and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to deal with confidential issues in a sensitive environment, in an efficient and professional manner
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and basic knowledge working in accounting systems, experience with Axapta is a plus
The conditions of employment we offer:
• An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing international company
• A fulltime (40 hours) position
• A workspace right in the center of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
• Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
• An informal and professional company culture of team spirit with a can-do attitude.
Interested in this challenging position?
Send your application by e-mail to Lieuwkje van Zwieteren, Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist, via email@example.com.