Sr. Business Controller
The controller will be responsible for the setup and continuous improvement of working capital and cash flow reporting, forecasting and analysis through intelligent business models and dashboards. Furthermore responsible for SOX compliance of inventory related processes and pre- financing. The controller works in a team of 5 business and financial controllers and a treasury controller, providing business support for the Logistics and Trade departments and managing risks regarding inventory. The controller will engage with colleagues in multiple countries as well as external stakeholders (Insurance, Auditors and banks). The controller reports to Director of Business control.
Your job tasks, responsibilities and objectives:
• Responsible for weekly progress, monthly and quarterly management reporting and analysis with focus on working capital
• Responsible for Monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasts for working capital
• Monitors aging of inventory and connect with business for follow up, prepare and communicate inventory provisions
• Maintaining Inventory related SOX and business controls: inventory counts review, warehouse reconciliations review
• Periodic compliance reporting (SOX) to external and internal stakeholders
• Liaise with trade department to determine inventory needs and set up targets and KPI’s
• Support trade Contract management optimization through (big data) analysis and BI
• Analyses contract portfolio and monitors reliability and accurateness of the contract information that drives kpi’s for inventory and cash flow planning.
• Provides Insight in the inventory costing
• Advisory role in improvement of inventory processes and reporting/planning tools
• Supports ad-hoc requests and analysis with intelligent BI Tools (SQL, excel dashboards, and analysis)
• Team up with Treasury controller especially for the link between Working capital and cash flow forecasting.
Requirements for this challenging role:
The position embodies both business controlling and financial controlling aspects. Soft skills should include being communicative, responsible, proactive and collaborative.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or Business Administration – a Master’s degree is a big plus
• Experience with ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics,
• Proficiency in working with BI Tools, big data analysis, SQL, data extracts and Excel (power pivots)
• Excellent communications skills in English and Dutch, both verbally and written
• Experience in a controller position (BI/Business and/or Financial) approximately 5 years, in an international trade environment
• Strong social skills for communication on various company levels within the structure
• Experience with inventory costing
• Understanding of link between logistics and finance.
The conditions of employment we offer:
• An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing international company
• A fulltime position (40 hours contract)
• A workspace right in the center of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
• Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
• A good remuneration package
• An informal but professional company, having culture of team spirit and can-do attitude.
Interested in this challenging position?
Send your application by e-mail to Lieuwkje van Zwieteren, Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist via, firstname.lastname@example.org.