The main objective of this internship is to support Tradin’s partner for mango in Burkina Faso to reach international market standards according to pre-specified agreements and to optimize the processes in a recently established plant. Tradin recognizes long term relations with suppliers as one of the most important conditions for continuous growth and product improvement. The partnership combines local knowledge and entrepreneurship with Tradin’s expertise and experience in the organic sector, which is especially relevant and challenging in the current starting-up phase. Contributing to the improvement of factory- and sourcing operations, the intern will get the possibility to be involved in the whole value chain and build structures that facilitate communication between the local partner and Tradin Organic.
• Facilitate business communication between the local partner and Tradin
• Inspect the implementation of the quality system and support the preparations for a food safety certification
• Support the implementation of a newly introduced digital system to track and report factory operations
• Evaluate the production process and provide recommendations for efficiency improvements
• Perform quality controls and identify possibilities to improve the end product
• Assess the current sourcing system and provide recommendations for improvements
• Assess and advise external suppliers to guarantee adherence to consistent minimum standards
• Currently studying for a Bachelor or a Master degree in a food business, agribusiness management or food technology related field.
• Fulltime (40 hours) availability as per February 2019
• Field experience in low-income countries, preferably in Africa, is a strong asset
• Knowledge of organic- and food safety certifications
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Detail-oriented and structured work approach
• Ability to adapt and work independently in a challenging working environment
• Proficiency in English and French language
• A full-time internship contract (40 hours per week) for a period of at least 28 weeks
• A proper internship allowance
• Round-trip to Burkina Faso and costs for boarding
• A challenging role within a growing international business environment, surrounded by a young and enthusiastic team
• Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
• A company culture of team spirit, can-do attitude, informal atmosphere and professionalism
Interested in this challenging internship?
Please send your motivation letter and CV to Lieuwkje van Zwieteren, Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com