IT Helpdesk Support
SunOpta Foods Bulgaria
This colleague performs remote and desk-side hardware and software support for end users of PC-based systems throughout the organization in several countries, like Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, France, Germany and Bulgaria. He / she trains end users in use of equipment and software.
This position requires knowledge of all windows supported operating systems and all applications/functions native to Windows, basic understanding of TCP/IP and Microsoft Networking, Microsoft Outlook and Office 365, experience with deployment and troubleshooting network and standalone printers, Blackberries, iPhones, and Android based phones, and iPad tablets. We also require someone that is eager to learn new applications to explain the basics in navigating and printing of our ERP and other business applications.
The IT Helpdesk Support reports to the IT Director and works closely with the system admin. team at the HQ of Tradin Organic in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Responsibilities, tasks and objectives
• Primary on-site problem triage, resolution and recording.
• Owner of the standard image for desktop devices. Configuration must be modified and updated regularly in alignment with desktop needs for enterprise services tools and applications
• Procurement of desktop and laptops, installation of standard image
• Troubleshooting workstation related issues
• Local infrastructure support
• Installs hardware and software including operating system and office applications including: unpacking new equipment; installing and removing options in PC's; installing and configuring software; performing backups of workstations; preparing equipment for shipping; shipping equipment to remote sites; shutting down and moving workstations; cleaning and refurbishing equipment.
• Configure client workstations and assists with PC installations and swaps.
• Provide end user support and obtains technical support, as required.
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
• Administering corporate workstation assets by tracking computer equipment using appropriate asset management database, tagging equipment with asset tags, perform physical inventory as necessary.
• Provide end-user support by providing limited desk side training in operating hardware and software.
• Repair/upgrade all computer equipment to include troubleshoot and fix problems on PC’s, troubleshoot and fix problems on printers, respond to Help Desk dispatch.
• Deployment and configuration of user’s workstations.
• Managing the support helpdesk by the use of a ticket management system.
• Be the first line of contact for support questions, and redirect it when needed.
• Bachelor degree in IT or technology related field
• 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Good knowledge/troubleshooting skills of / with Microsoft supported operating systems, network printing, Microsoft Office applications, experience with Microsoft Active Directory, and mobile devices Android and IOS.
• Knowledge of PC and Network software and hardware
• Know imaging software and how to Sysprep.
• Ability to standardize installations by creating batch files with standard parameters
• Experienced in using a call tracking (help desk) system
• Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues in a timely manner
• Possess excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical users and provide extensive attention to detail in creation of technical documentation
• Ability to travel about 25% of your time to other global locations.
The conditions of employment we offer
• A fulltime position (40 hours/ week)
• An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing international company
• Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
• An informal and professional company culture of team spirit with a can-do attitude.
Interested in this challenging position?
Send your application to Lieuwkje van Zwieteren, Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist, by e-mail to email@example.com.