General Ledger Specialist
We are looking for a hands-on general ledger specialist who is able to manage the closing procedures and analysis for multiple (international) companies with very short timelines, in various currencies and complexities, translating into comprehensive and reliable financial balances needed for business analysis and external reporting. You are the expert on all general ledger related issues and controls, providing expertise to accounts payable and receivable, financial control and business control. You will also be responsible for the VAT declarations in multiple countries. The GL specialist reports to and works closely with the Accounting Manager and acts as his backup.
We are an international, hands-on, no-nonsense and informal accounting department were we value hard work with pleasure.
Will you be the general ledger specialist bringing quality to the company?
Your job tasks, responsibilities and objectives:
• Ensure completion of monthly closing procedures within timeframe
• Prepare monthly closing journal entries, advise on and prepare ad hoc adjusting journal entries if and when required.
• Manage, review and report on all company balances with focus on bridge accounts, prepaids, accruals and prepayments relating to goods.
• Manage monthly inter and intra company reconciliations and settlements
• Manage Dutch and other European VAT declarations and reconciliations
• Prepare periodic SG&A analysis versus budget and reforecast
• Continuous improvements of the financial processes and setup AO/IC in accordance with SOX requirements.
Requirements for this challenging role:
• The position embodies both business controlling and financial controlling aspects. Soft skills should include being communicative, responsible, proactive and collaborative.
• Higher professional education level (Bachelor) with a degree in Accounting, Business or Economics
• Proven expertise of at least Dutch VAT preferably in an international trade company
• Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience
• Fluent Dutch and English language written and verbal
• Advanced Excel skills
• International experience
• Understand and comply with all SOX controls and departmental processes and procedures.
• Ability to collaborate with people at all levels
• Attention to detail, with strong analytical and numerical skills
• Proactive and not shy to ask for help when needed
The conditions of employment we offer:
• An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing international company
• A fulltime position (40 hours contract)
• A workspace right in the center of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
• Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
• A good remuneration package
• An informal but professional company, having culture of team spirit and can-do attitude.
Interested in this challenging position?
Send your application by e-mail to Lieuwkje van Zwieteren, Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist via, firstname.lastname@example.org.