Commodities Account Specialist
Tradin Organic USA
The Commodities Specialist is responsible to execute on the commercial operations for designated customer accounts. In addition, responsible to manage assigned set(s) of ingredients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver reports of customer activity to Sales, Sr Traders, Director Trade Operations.
• Work across Commodities / Account Specialist team for cross-category customer orders.
• Setting up customers, entry of sales and/or purchase contracts in Axapta (AX).
• Processing customer orders received from traders, manager and/or customers directly.
• Receiving inbound shipments and invoicing outbound shipments. Create inbound cost approvals for receiving product into inventory. Responsible for calculating warehouse costs and receiving product into inventory in compliance with accounting periods and SOX protocols.
• Responsible for execution of contracts with suppliers and toll processors (ship schedules, logistics, packaging, COA, samples, etc.) including reviewing end of month contract balances.
• Responsible for creation of BOM journals to complete bulk shipment production/inventory requirements.
• Responsible for coordination of logistics to move raw materials to processors and finished product to customer.
• Assuring optimal cost efficiency through getting multiple quotes on required logistic lanes.
• Import documentation and processing
• Assuring optimal customer satisfaction
• Assure customers receive the required paperwork in a timely manner
• Assure pro-active follow up on any complaints / claims received. (incl. processing credit / debit note / payment holds). Ensure complaints/claims information is shared with Sales, Sr Traders, Quality, Finance and other required parties.
• Review and approve invoices of transportation carriers and accessorial charges. Approve documents and invoices from service providers (not vendors) for compliance and accuracy.
• Overseeing credit limits of the customers and assuring that released orders are sufficiently covered.
• Managing accurate CRM customer system data in AX
• When applicable, ensures that batches to ship to customers meeting specifications.
• Be knowledgeable in products to be able to answer most customer inquiries
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management, Marketing, International Trade, or Agriculture. A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
• One to three years of experience in international commercial environment is preferred.
• Experience in an import/export environment and successful customer service experience.
• Flexibility and adaptability to continuous change in market conditions
• Close cooperation with the Director – Trade Operations, Commodity Managers, Senior Traders, Sales Executives and Vice President for the commercial strategy of the organization
• Works well in an entrepreneurial environment. Thrives working in ambiguous situations.
• Strong enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results.
• Living the SunOpta core values of Unrelenting, Agile and Collaborative.
• Effectively works within a matrix organization, i.e. excellent communication skills
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess strong organizational skills. Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to multi-task. Ability to solve challenging problems, prioritizes, meet deadlines, and works with minimal direction. Must have a working knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
10-20% travel may be required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 85% of work is performed in an office environment. 15% of work may involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice